20th May 2015
We have been incredibly lucky to have staff and students from Titahi Bay school host us this week.
We have been working with Ministry to find out the extent of the flood damage to our buildings and the timeline for repairs.
Here is the latest information:
● All junior syndicate students (Rms 12, 11, 5 & 3) will return to Porirua School tomorrow, Thursday 21st May. We will be using rooms 3 - 6 and ask that students go around the back of the block and use the cloakroom doors to enter the classrooms when they arrive at school in the morning.
● All senior syndicate students (Rms 4, 6 and 10) are going to finish the week up at Titahi Bay School. Buses will be at school from 8.40am. We are going to based at Mana College library from next Monday for just over 2 weeks. A note will come home at the end of the week with all the information about this.
● Our hall floor is being replaced and should be ready for use in by 9/06/15. Once the library and hall are ready for use the senior classes will return from Mana College to our school site.
● The front block is badly damaged and it will probably take the rest of the term to get it ready for use.
● The administration block and classrooms have been hygienically cleaned by a professional company.
● The outside areas have been cleaned and flood debris cleared away.
● A large part of the school is being fenced off and we ask that you use the driveway entrance by the office to enter the school.
● Keep checking our facebook page or website for updates.
If you have any questions please contact us on 237 7460